Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Max Obuszewski's take on the sentencing of Elizabeth McAlister


Max Obuszewski's take on the sentencing of Elizabeth McAlister

  Thanks for mentioning Liz’s sentencing.  I couldn’t get THE SUN to do the same. Below is my take on the sentencing.

   In my biased opinion, Judge Wood is quite insecure.  I was told she was one of the first female judges in Glynn County, Georgia.

  I believe it was the first morning of jury selection, and defendant Patrick O’Neill needed a bathroom break.  His request was denied by Judge Wood, but Patrick had to go.  So he left the courtroom, and Wood sent a marshal to try to bring him back.  I assume she did not want to “lose control” of her courtroom.

  There are some issues I will raise about today’s sentencing. First, Judge Wood trotted out the old bromide about Liz being convicted by a jury of her peers.  Remember now this is the county where Ahmaud Arbery was lynched, and also note the Trident Base is the economic center of that area.  I would argue Liz was not convicted by her peers.
 
 The other troubling matter for me was that the “victims” were given the opportunity to speak before sentencing.  The victims?  One seemed to be the Navy and the others presumably were people on the base affected by the disarmament which took place April 4, 2018.   I and others are affected by the Kings Bay Trident Base, as tax dollars spent on illegal weaponry is a theft from the poor.  And those weapons could destroy Mother Earth as we know her.  So I just want to point out that I am a victim of this Trident base, and the Kings Bay Plowshares tried to end my victimization.

  Unfortunately, the court was not listening to any concern about my victimhood.  Also note as part of the sentencing, Liz lost her right to own an assault weapon.

Kagiso, Max

No comments: